What good is any activity if others don’t have the chance to join in on the fun?
That’s why I want to share the prompts for the next week before I post them. Maybe some of you want to join in on the prompts. If not, it improves my accountability and that alone is something.
That’s how I select my prompts so far. I pick a section of Bryn Donovan’s 5000 Writing Prompts. Then I pick 6 prompts at random. Of those I write 5 and of those 5 I further edit 3 to publish on my blog.
Sometimes my head just goes blank with a prompt. That way I have more freedom to choose and less pressure that every prompt has to count. So far it works quite well.
The upcoming prompts are from the collection of Sci/Fi prompts. Here they are:
- Extreme elective surgery is the societal norm, and humans undergo creative modifications that include extra limbs, cartoon-like featuring, and so on.
- Aliens explore Earth, but humans aren’t able to perceive them.
- Most intelligent species in the galaxy aren’t equipped for war, and humans conquer planets with ease. One commander turns traitor and helps an alien race resist.
- A Person gets an abstract tattoo of his own design. Strangers snatch him from his home in the middle of the night. The tattoo happens to be a symbol for the shadow world government that nobody knows about.
- They were prepared for an alien invasion and for a pandemic, but not at the same time.
- They discover that the Earth is caught in a long time loop. It’s about to go back to prehistoric times and repeat again.
I don’t like them. Most of them are so long and almost dictate a certain narrative. But I’m looking to challenge myself with these prompts. So I better see it through. Maybe I will come up with something.
If you want to write anything to one of those prompts, make sure to link me to your story. I’m curious to read your stories!
Here are next weeks prompts.